Sunday, April 26, 2009

finding a healthy level of homeostasis is part of the journey of self knowledge

I wonder how often people feel like they are on an optimum level of homoeostasis? I feel like I am unbalanced 85% of the time. I feel like I often can't respond adequately to what people are staying because my I am not absorbing what they are saying properly because I might be mentally blocked or tired. Or else, if I am supposed to do a task, like writing an article, my concentration is really limited and I end up doing really gross things like checking my email 15 times in 5 minutes. Or else, I will experience some random health issue (like I've had stomach cramps for the last few days and thus haven't eaten much and so was vaguing out all day) Maybe part of the solution is increasing iron intake. I could just eat a can of dog food since that would have high levels of offal and offal has lots of iron in it.

Today, I drove out of town with some people who are organising the festival that's happening this weekend. This was an episode of total reticence on my part, which I have to admit is becoming repetitive and tiresome. I am wondering whether the grounding and stilling of internal energies every morning is making me too stony. Maybe I am misunderstanding the practise of energy grounding. I am going to swing my arms around 100 times in the outdoor shower tomorrow morning to see if I can be more animated around others during the day.

I have to share with you all, my love of the bucket shower and thank Phoebe for this grand idea. I have now perfected the outdoor bucket shower scenario. It's getting cold in this town so cold water bucket showers are no longer viable. I have no hot water in the bus paradise, so I've been boiling a big pot of water and throwing a few sprigs of rosemary in and using this with some sandalwood soap to bucket shower outside and fuck man, yeah, that's actually a guaranteed way of returning toward healthy homeostasis

No comments:

Post a Comment